- Optimize their website for the search engines and for visitors to their site for easy navigation and great, informative content.
- Create multiple landing pages to capture prospects’ attention – and their email addresses.
- Regularly blog, providing in-depth information on topics of interest to their target audience. Content that helps prospects either a) solve their problems and/or b) achieve the goals they desire.
- Build relationships with prospects with their preferred social media channels.
- Use strategic email marketing tactics – again and again and again – to provide their subscribers with great information. Often in the form of in-depth blog posts, case studies, newsletters, white papers, videos, infographics, etc.
With all of these moving pieces to consider, it’s no wonder some of our Michigan inbound clients say it all sounds like rocket science!
But it’s really not
Inbound Marketing in a Nutshell: Three Steps
Just as with any effective marketing strategy, success lies in the details. As a Hubspot partner agency, we look at the steps of inbound marketing as follows.
- Define your business goals.
All of your inbound strategies should spring from your goals. What do you want to accomplish with your marketing? Do you want more leads? If so, how many? To get those leads, how much traffic do you need to generate?
Define the lifetime value of a customer. What sales do you want to achieve in the next year? The next five years? Ten years?
Answer these questions and you will know which inbound strategies are the ones you should use the most.
- Create audience personas.
An audience persona is a representation of your perfect customer. You create personas by answering the following questions (you will need some market research/good data to create these personas; many businesses interview some of their current clients for insight, as well):
- What is your best customers’ demographic information? Are they male or female? How old are they? Where do they live? What are their hobbies?
- What is their job title? Are they in the C-suite, are they managers? Are they hourly or salaried employees? Are they self-employed?
- What does a typical day at their job look like?
- What problems does your product or service help them solve? What are their typical pain points, goals and wants?
- What do they value most?
- Where do they go to get their information? Do they research online? Ask for referrals from colleagues? Read brochures?
- Create a content strategy.
Now that you know your goals and who your perfect prospects are, it’s time to create a strategy that will result in amazing content that will wow and inform your audience.
Why create content? Because people are hungry for information so that they can make careful, studied, and financially savvy decisions. But creating great content also helps you in two important ways:
- Google and other search engines now want content that’s useful for readers. Keywords are important, but information is critical. You must regularly provide content in the form of blog posts, videos, podcasts, newsletters, e-books, white papers, case studies, etc. What’s more, Google wants longer, in-depth content. In a perfect inbound world, your blog posts should be at least 1,000 words. Even 2,000 is better, because it lets you write in-depth on a topic. Google will “sing your praises,” and will start ranking you higher in search engines as a result.
- Your readers will come to see you as an expert in your field. As they continue to trust your expertise and when they are ready to buy, they will buy from you, not your competitors.
Inbound Marketing Agency for Detroit Businesses
Inbound marketing doesn’t need to be overwhelming, but it does take effort and time. You’ve no doubt enough on your plate and could be hard pressed to create as much strategic content as inbound needs. Many Michigan businesses partner with Ingenex Digital Marketing in order to reap the incredible ROI inbound marketing provides, without having to take the time to do everything themselves.